9.22.2010

Banjo equals win.

I promised you music. Here it is.

First up is the Mynabirds. I was killing some time in Homer's in the Old Market and randomly picked up their CD. A little bluesy, a little jazzy, and all good stuff.






And to continue with the food fighting theme, here's a music video from Travis. Not a new band, but great music.




And last but certainly not least is the video for "Little Lion Man" by Mumford & Sons. I saw them at Lollapalooza, and they are amazing. I totally dig the banjo. For those of you who have read East of Eden, they also have a song called "Timshel;" some of the lyrics are taken straight from the novel.




And yes, I do spend quite a bit of time on the YouTube.

3 comments:

  1. I think I told you that I went to a show this weekend...this guy named William Elliot Whitmore played. He plays some awesome bluegrass banjo and you'd probably enjoy it...you should check him out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the music that you find! I heard a really awesome bluegrass group on NPR a while ago - The Punch Brothers. Just listened to Timshel & I love it! Combining one of my favorite books with a great new (to me) band. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me smile as I am scrolling through and there is Travis!!!

    ReplyDelete