9.12.2010

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.

Or so Jacob Bronowski, British mathematician and biologist tells me. I'm not so sure about the knowledge part, and I'm fairly certain that my life doesn't fit with the whole adventure theme, but uncertainty and I are past the nodding acquaintance stage in our relationship.

As you may have gathered from the blurb beneath the blog title, I'm applying to vet school. For the first time in a long time, I think I'm making the right decision for myself. However, I was missing a few requirements. Hello, freshmen speech class. College algebra, how was your summer? I had my first set of classes on Thursday, and I definitely felt old afterward. I can't decide if I'm going to enjoy playing the role of old lady among young whippersnappers or it's only going to make me uncomfortable. Either way, I'm stuck going to lectures about functions and eye contact until December.

Most of the time I probably won't be writing about any of the stuff that this blog is supposed to be about. There will probably be some food and music thrown in there. And some things that have nothing to do with anything. So. Let the games begin.

2 comments:

  1. How's that college algebra going? Challenging?? Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're going to have a pretty challenging semester??? Oh well, more time to work on more important things. PS- Things that are awesome: Definitely agree with Etsy, and I just read East of Eden last year and LOVED it! I'm also looking forward to the food & music posts, since you have great taste in both. :-)

    ReplyDelete