2.01.2011

'Tis a magical place...

I traveled to California last Thursday to interview at Western University of Health Sciences. The interview was all behavioral questions, like the one at ISU; unlike ISU, however, I felt that I did very well at this one and the interviewers weren't looking down their noses at me. But that isn't what this post is about.

This post is about yogurt.

More specifically, this post is about the wondrous, magical place known as Yogurtland. I do not know how I dragged myself out of bed each day without the prospect of a delicious cup of frozen yogurt with toppings prior to my knowledge of Yogurtland; I bless my ignorance, for I now know that they world was a bleak and flavorless place.

An excerpt from the book of Frozen Treats:

And yea, it was suggestedeth that the companions 
should traverse the wastelands between
the house of Laurel and the place of groceries known as Ralph's.
They toiled mightily, for it was a chilly fifty degrees
which was quite cold when not wearing a jacket.

Upon their arrival, one of the companions 
was struck dumb with wonder, for never 
had her eyes feasted upon such splendor. 
Her cup was filled with wondrous flavors 
of pistachio and vanilla and taro and coconut.

The miracles did not end there.
Verily did she add toppings,
flaked coconut, white chocolate, and almonds
joined the frosted mount of tastiness.
And it was good.

Once again, there was bestowed
a miracle to the weary yet jubilant travelers.
For the rich, frozen goodness which
was bestowed upon them cost only $3.09.
 And there was much rejoicing.


Other notable events from the past few days, in no particular order:
  • a visit to the Getty
  • pursuing a Limey while in very realistic-looking military prop gear
  • sleeping in a garage
  • the most delicious carrot-ginger soup I've ever eaten

Also, leave some comments. Every time you comment an angel gets its wings.

2 comments:

  1. And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats...

    You make me smile. I hope this gives an angel some mighty fine wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I am pleased to know that your interview went well! :) And so my comments mirror the order of your post...

    ReplyDelete