2.03.2011

Whoa. Slow down girl.

I know what you're thinking: "This is barely twelve hours after your last post, Katy. I don't know if my brain can handle this much awesomeness." *snicker*

Not to inundate you folks with posts, but it's a quarter after eleven, I've maxed myself out on Doctor Who, I don't feel like reading, and I am wide awake. What else is a girl supposed to do but blog? Just a warning that this post will most likely have no point and be pretty free flowing. Aaaand action.

Inundate: it's a five dollar word, isn't it?

I'm currently listening to Fitz & the Tantrums. Fantastic band with an amazing sound (it's sort of old Mo Town-esque) and a name that makes me smile. Always a plus in my book. YouTube "Money Grabber." Actually, scratch that. I'll add a video:



You can thank me later.

I made brownies earlier tonight. I tried a new recipe, and all I can say is eff you, Martha Stewart. The last three baked good recipes I've tried have been from her Cookie Book, and none of them have worked out very well. I consider myself to be a decent baker. I expect to occasionally not have a recipe or two work out for me, but three in a row? The recipes are obviously defective.

Keeping up? I warned you about the whole "free flow" thing. Which is an awesome song by the Beach Boys (really the only one I like, really).

Here 'tis:



Edit: When I was going back through, I realized that the song is "Feel Flows," not "Free Flows." I feel a bit like a doofus right now.

Before I decided to write a completely pointless blog post, I was poking about on my sister's friend's blog, called Polk & 2nd. It is AMAZING. I am impressed by people who are actually talented with crafty things and genuinely creative, instead of half-assedly making an Oscar the Grouch costume out of a shit ton of safety pins, green fabric, a sweatshirt, and some styrofoam balls. She has a page on Etsy as well which I made the mistake of going to. I covet all of her felt bracelets like a Packer fan wants a Superbowl victory. And I am going to thin out my t-shirt collection and make some t-shirt yarn, Huzzah for Tuesday tutorials!

As much fun as this free form writing is, I am slightly worried that if I continue this will turn into a monster. Or people will think I'm more nuts than I am. Or both. Anyway.

I find out about KSU sometime this week or next week. I should be getting my letter any day now. I really hope it comes soon; I'm starting to get obsessive and pretty soon I'm going to start sitting on the mailbox like a vulture (a la Snoopy) every afternoon. I think that might weird out the mailman.

2 comments:

  1. you're ridiculous. don't worry you're not alone. it's an inherited trait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shudder to think what my life would be like without your musical contributions. :-)

    ReplyDelete