8.12.2011

DONE.

I know that I promised you a picture tour of my new residence yesterday; you were probably expecting it a little earlier in the day. I certainly expected it. I got a little distracted because I was cleaning the inside of my dishwasher. I know what you're thinking: Katy, cleaning the inside of something that is, by definition, a washer is kind of crazy and really type A, even for you.

Ladies and gentlemen of the blogosphere, I present the evidence (the theme music from yesterday would be appropriate here):




The inside of my dishwasher was nasty. Like everything else in the kitchen, it had grime and grease on every surface and caked into every corner. I have tried, over the course of the day, to clean this without actually scrubbing it. Running it normally, baking soda, and a cup of vinegar were all unsuccessful methods.

So I brought out my old friends.


You'll have a rest soon, comrades. Hopefully.

I sprayed the inside down with 409 degreasing spray (I think magical rainbows should issue from the nozzle along with the cleaning solution; yeah, it works that well) and let it fester for a bit. After a few swipes with the brush, I determined that it was, A) not working very well, and B) speckling me with greasy 409 spittle. I switched to the sponge, which did an okay job. It actually didn't take me as long as I thought, and I was cleaning rather quickly so that I could finish and change the radio station. I had somehow turned it to a country station (augh, my eardrums; my IQ!).

So, without further ado, I give you the photo tour! Please forgive the quality; it was dark when I got around to taking these.

The entryway:


The living room:


This corner is really offensive to my eyeballs; something must be done.


The kitchen:


 That tea box is not in a good place, but I'm not sure where to put it. *sigh*


And at some point when I put nails into the walls, THIS will be going up.


 The laundry/cleaning/dog supply area:


Hall closet:


 The office:



 I moved the bookcase forward about a foot so that I had somewhere to put my globe, so there's a whole bunch of empty space behind it. Foolish? Probably. But I like my globe.



 The bathroom. Probably the least exciting room out of the bunch.


 I'm really hoping that they replace this sink soon. The top is quite yellow and cracking, and the bottom of the cabinets is almost powdery it's so rotten.


 The bedroom, complete with dog giving me a baleful stare because I furned on the light:


 It took me three configurations before I was satisfied with the closet.


I have a big kid bed!



How happy am I to be done with cleaning? THIS happy:

2 comments:

  1. absolutely fabulous, Katy! i hope you had fun putting everything together. btw, the cookie jar is my favorite thing in the whole apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I'm glad things are finally starting to look habitable!

    ReplyDelete