3.07.2011

Quick! Someone get me something shiny!

I've been looking at the 2010-2011 tuition for various vet schools. They range from $17,000 to $42,000(ish) per year. SCARY. I'm going to have to pro-con the shit out of this to make a final decision, but right now I don't feel like being a responsible adult and making life-altering choices.

To the internet!

My most recent web wanderings have taken me over the Hark! A Vagrant! store, and I've decided that at some point I would really like to buy/frame a print of a Kate Beaton masterpiece. Problem is, I love them all and lack the funds to purchase every one available (damn you, decisions). I've narrowed it down to eight. I can't copy and paste the actual images, so if you have a bit of time and feel like some high-brow humor, click through.

First, the science-y ones. I quite enjoy this one of Marie and Pierre Curie, but I also have to consider this comic about Rosalind Franklin. If you don't know who she is, shame on you; Google her this very moment.

Next come the literature-based comics. There are a lot of them. I like the nod to Animal Farm, and EAP's expression makes me crack up every time I see it. Poe and Verne was also the first HAV comic that I saw, so it holds a special place in my heart. Radish-hating, pervy Dracula is pretty spectacular as well. And for some reason a frustrated Mr. Darcy is hilarious. Stubborn Javert is equally amusing.

This is just silly.

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen that Rosalind Franklin one before, that one's good! I almost want a print of it now too.

    Also pervy Dracula is the best. The part where the one chick is dancing to Single Ladies cracks me up every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Rosalind Franklin one! I many have to get that and frame it so I have some decoration in my apartment!

    ReplyDelete