3.23.2011

Growing old is inevitable; growing up is optional.

This post is for my friend Katie; happy 22nd, friend. I wish that I could be there at dollar pints tonight, but I'm snowed in.

And a big middle finger to you too, winter.

I was in an antique store yesterday (yes, I am an old lady; leave me alone). In addition to finding some more jars of interesting buttons, there was a booth with a bunch of old/newly-made-to-look-old tin signs. Most of them were normal, with old advertisements or cute sayings on them, and there were a few that were... questionable.

Like this one:


And this one:


There were others, but I was getting funny looks from the middle aged man in the next row over, so I smothered my giggles and put my phone away.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the birthday tribute! I enjoyed this post immensely. Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy --
    Dean wants you to buy the Stiffy sign for him. He wants to "find" it at an archaeological site then he can hang it in his office at work.

    Fun!

    Aunt Sara

    ReplyDelete